7.30 pm – Village Hall Wednesday 27th March
After the public notice to wind up Kirk Ireton Community Association (KICA), the committee have been contacted with suggestions by a number of villagers. The main theme is that something should be done to ensure that this, or some other body should continue the good works that so benefit village life.
As a result we have decided to arrange a public meeting where the outgoing committee can explain why they have taken this course of action whilst allowing other members of the community to share their views and to explore if there is any workable alternatives.
If you cannot attend this very important meeting that could have repercussions on other aspects of village life then please either send a friend or neighbour with you idea or suggestion.
As previously communicated KICA has already given a promise to financially support certain events and we would appreciate it if anyone could also be able to offer their support in making the future evenings a success.
The future events are:
- The film night “’South Pacific” – 1st June (main sponsor Malcolm Race)
- Village Ceilidh – 8th June (including the cost of the marquee).
- Any expenses incurred by the newly formed Rattling Bog village ceilidh band
- Pay for Belper Morris if they attend this or another event in June.
- Pay for the Trinity Sunday brass band for 2013 (TBC after the meeting – 2nd June)
As a consequence there will no longer be an undertaking for any of the current KICA committee members to organise:
- Wakes day 8th June
- Wakes week events 1st – 8th June
- Insurance for any events staged that week
- Halloween evening
- Firework event
- Carols round the tree
- Christmas Tree erection & decoration
- Party in the Park & Family days on the field
- Christmas quiz
- Any themed community events previously used to raise funds for KICA
It is our intention that if there is no commitment from a new collective of village residents then we begin to wind up KICA and once all financial commitments have been met look to distribute the remaining funds so we can close the existing KICA bank accounts. Please direct any questions you may have to me at any of the places shown below.
Alport View, firstname.lastname@example.org Home 371813, mobile 07561 306510 , work 07778 650360
Treasurer – Sue Bold
Secretary and Diary – Tony McLennan (AKA Mac)